Sunday, February 10, 2013

BRIOCHE IN BREAD MACHINE



Yesterday I made ​​my first  brioche with the bread machine . 
Unexpected result, both in form and flavor. And even in the color of the crust a nice golden brown that does so much cake.
Not knowing which recipe to follow, I have entrusted to that of home made baked. It 'sa recipe that is inside a booklet half a crumpled old food processor. A relic of at least 25 years ago. Every time my mother made this brioche, it was a success. 
For the bread machine instead, I had serious doubts, especially in the processing of ingredients. With the camera, it is common practice to insert the ingredients one after the other, turn on the program, wait for it to end, and crank out the creature. All too easy. I had no doubt that working with the paddle mixer of the camera would not have been enough. But....

Not bad for the first brioche and for using a rising short I do not like very much. In general, in fact I use poolish, but for my first experiment, I tried the quick method of direct fermentation.
I chose to use program number 2, French bread, size small, middle crust,3 hours and 40 min. 
The cooking time for this program is 65 minutes, which I reduced to 60. 
I think lower it another 10 minutes could make the dough better. The crust for example, is perhaps a bit too cruncy. As always, it takes practice to adjust the shot. Anyway, let me tell you, the first brioche in bread machine was an unexpected  success. And what a smell : D

INGREDIENTS
- 2 eggs 
- 6 tablespoons warm milk 
- a pinch of salt 
- 200 g flour 00 
- 200 g Manitoba flour
- 5 tablespoons of sugar 
- 15 g of yeast 
- 150 g butter 
- 1 lemon

DIRECTIONS
Half an hour before starting, let's take the eggs, butter and yeast away from the fridge.
Remove the basket from the machine. We put in order: eggs at room temperature, milk, a pinch of salt, lemon peel (1), the mix of the two previously sifted flour (2), softened butter cutted into peaces and the sugar all around, and last, we collocate the yeast, crumbled with  fingers in the center(3).
We place the basket in the bread machine, select the program (4), and start.
During the first few minutes, we keep the lid open and check that the dough gets all the flour. Using a not-abrasive material spoon, such as silicone (5),  remove the residues from the corners.
Only if you see that after five minutes has not taken all the flour, you can add a tiny bit of milk.
Should form a smooth ball (6) that is slightly sticky to the touch but without leaving residue on your fingers. 

photo-recipe-brioche-camera


PROGRAM FRENCH BREAD: 60 minutes cooking. 

When it is cooked, transfer to a wire rack or a cutting board. Allow it to cool and taste it right away because it is remarkable. If you want to keep it for a long time keeping it cool, cut it into slices, put them in a bag for food and put in the freezer. Just insert them nto the toaster to bring them back to their former glory and rejoice breakfast with their perfume: P

Here, however, the conservation problem does not arise. Made yesterday in the early afternoon to late evening it was already half gone. If someone is pappata with milk, someone with a little jam. I've eaten on its own. 
Next time I will try with  poolish. I want to taste the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would appreciate your comments. Thanks!